The media is important. It allows stories and ideas to be shared, opinions to be formulated and voices to be heard. Over the years I have engaged with the media to try and open up conversation, share new ideas and create opportunities for hidden voices and alternative stories to be heard and shared.
Below are some of the other publications and platforms I have written for and spoken to.
- The New Statesman – Read article here
- Writing for The Guardian Read article here
- Unite The Union – Highlighting the problem of benefit sanctions and growing inequality in Britain. Read article here
- Evening Gazette – example article Read article here
- Speaking on Victoria Derbyshire about the barriers facing women getting into politics Watch here
- Speaking on ITV News Special EU referendum Debate Watch here
- Speaking on Sunday Politics about philanthropy, austerity & the needs in our communities Watch here
- Speaking to BBC News Article about The EU referendum campaign here
- Speaking to ITV News News article survival sex work on Teesside here
- Speaking to BBC News – Responding to concerns about binge drinking in The North East Watch interview here
I am also founder of a people’s media project ‘We Are Our Media’ and alternative tabloid, ‘The Eclipse’ which provides a platform for ordinary voices and gives a view of the world, different to the one portrayed through the mainstream press.