Over the years I have been leading change in the charity sector, in policy, in health and in communities. At times this has meant developing and supporting policy creation, other’s creating new projects and organisations. It has also been important to campaign and speak up on issues.
Some of the activities I have been involved in include:
- Leading a charity consortium working with four major Northern Charities to influence change within commissioning, mental health, housing and addictions
- Thematic strategic engagement I have had a seat on a number of strategic boards including: North East LEP Brexit group. Children and young people’s substance misuse commissioning board: Teenage pregnancy partnership: (board member), Synergy: Young Peoples VCS consortium (Chair & vice chair)
- Service development Involved in developing various sustainable services that met needs of the local community such as young people’s prevention programmes, troubled families work, youth clubs, drop in services, counselling, foodbanks, sexual exploitation services and addiction programmes. I ensured funded projects were delivered efficiently, effectively, within budget and on time.
Speaking on Victoria Derbyshire about the barriers facing women getting into politics Watch here
- Speaking on Sunday Politics about philanthropy, austerity & the needs in our communities Watch here
- Speaking to ITV News News article survival sex work on Teesside here
- Speaking to BBC News – Responding to concerns about binge drinking in The North East Watch interview here
- Speaking about Mental health crisis at Labour Party Conference
- Speaking about homelessness at Labour Party Conference