It is important that the issues facing our communities and society as a whole are heard and seen. Our current system and ways of doing things are only working for a decreasing few and things need to change. I believe in people using their voices to bring about change. It is important that grassroots voices and alternatives are heard and discussed.
Here are some of the ways I have been using my voice and speaking up about some of the issues I see facing society.
Speeches & Talks
- Labour Party Conference 2018 Speaking about local government cuts Watch here
- May Day Rally – Durham Labour Party speaking about trade unions.
- Labour Party Conference 2017 – Speaking about homelessness – Watch here
- NHS Rally – speaking about NHS cuts – Watch here
- Benefit Sanctions Protest – With Unite Community and Peoples Assembly here
I have also been able to speak at Anti-racism rallies, trade union meetings and conferences, Labour Party meetings and People’s Assembly events.
Panel Debates & Discussions
- May Day Event – Darlington Labour Party speaking about trade unions
- EU and Women – Speaking on panel with Yvette Cooper & North East MP’s
- Fabians EU Conference – Public Attitudes to EU with Yasmine Quereshi MP listen here
- SSI Debate – Republic event
- Exchange Summer School – Politics, civic society & communities in Northern Ireland here