After twelve years of leading and developing front line charities and regeneration projects, I moved into leading change at a local, regional and national level.
Over the last eight years, I have been involved in regeneration, developing policy, creating opportunities for grassroots voices to be heard within decision making and developing and influencing policy through campaigning and political engagement.
- Developing networks for businesses and individuals involved in creative and cultural industry
- Developing and running festivals
- Developing hubs for new start ups in creative and not for profit sector
- Developing strategic plans and raising finance for regeneration projects
- Hosting place shaping conversations and on-line place platforms such as I Love Stockton Me
- As former campaigns and policy officer for the TUC, I created and lead campaigns around local government cuts, regional industrial strategy, school cuts and joining a trade union
- I have been involved or lead campaigns on the NHS
- Developed or supported various campaign groups in response to governments cuts, racism and poverty
- Developed and contributed to policies and schemes with Durham’s Police Crime Commissioner on tackling racism and hate crime
- Campaigned against benefit sanctions
- Developing political initiatives like an activist network for people who want to fight different issues like austerity, environment, refugees rights
- Setting up a pub politics night where people from Teesside come together to discuss the issues that matter to them
- Developed a young people’s voter registration project and have put on and supported various other political events and discussions aimed at engaging children young people, women and those on the margins.
- Starting a people’s tabloid, that give a voice to hidden voices into the issues that most affect them.
- As Director of Northern Inclusion Consortium, have lead policy development on homelessness and mental health
- Contributing to all parliamentary groups such as The Prostitution and Global Sex Trade, Apprenticeships and Civil Society AAP’s.
- Working as a policy and campaigns officer for Northern TUC, I developed, supported or contributed to policies around Brexit, Devolution, local regional industrial strategy transport and local government cuts.
- Working as a researcher for a county Durham MP covering issues such as welfare reform, the charity sector, local government cuts, place regeneration and housing
- I have various roles in my local Labour Party including political officer and womens office
- Leading a charity consortium working with four major Northern Charities to influence change within commissioning, mental health, housing and addictions
- Thematic strategic engagement I have had a seat on a number of strategic boards including: North East LEP Brexit group. Children and young people’s substance misuse commissioning board: Teenage pregnancy partnership: (board member), Synergy: Young Peoples VCS consortium (Chair & vice chair)
- Service development: Involved in developing various sustainable services that met needs of the local community such as young people’s prevention programmes, troubled families work, youth clubs, drop in services, counselling, foodbanks, sexual exploitation services and addiction programmes. I ensured funded projects were delivered efficiently, effectively, within budget and on time.